Wheaton Theological Seminary

The Wheaton Theological Seminary was a joint work of the Wesleyan Educational Society (Syracuse, NY) and the Trustees of Wheaton College. It began operation in October 1881 and was under the control and expense of the Wesleyans. Its purpose was to provide "a thorough and reformatory education." Students enrolled in the seminary were allowed to take courses taught in Wheaton College for free. (1885 Catalog). It closed in 1889 after financial and personnel difficulties.
Comments