WETN started as an AM station (WHON) from Pierce Chapel
in 1947 and switched to FM in 1962. The station eventually moved to the
Billy Graham Center, and students worked alongside faculty and staff to
produce varied programming broadcast to the
campus and local community as an extension of academic programs.
In subsequent decades there was a decreasing student interest in the
station, and the College’s academic programming no longer emphasized
radio broadcasting. Additionally, listening and viewing habits changed to more internet content. The College decided to sell the frequency operated by WETN-FM, 88.1
FM during the 2016-17 academic year.