Student Housing‎ > ‎

Wayside Inn

Originally called the Industrial Building, this frame-structure, was just north of Schell Hall (originally called the Industrial Building) at 519 Irving. The property, purchased by one of the trustees, Mr. R. J. Bennett, of Chicago, from Rufus Smith was home for the college printing and bicycle shop. (Record, November 1898, p. 11).

When the new Industrial Building (Schell Hall) was built the frame building took the name Wayside Inn and served as a boarding club and dormitory (Catalog 1907, p. 10).
Comments