Built in 1961, this dormitory stands on the former site of the Charles A. Blanchard home. Named in her honor, Mrs. Corrine Smith joined the Wheaton faculty in 1929 and served until her retirement in 1961. During those years she held the positions of Dean of Women, Instructor of Music, and Housemother of Williston Hall. In the pamphlet "Traditions" she gave students "A few reminders" such as:
For some years it has been tacitly understood that when a young woman and her escort attend a Sunday morning church service...they proclaim serious interest in one another, if not an engagement.
Student Housing >