Decker Bicycle Shop

In 1895, Oliver Decker brought his new bride to live in an apartment in the west wing of the College Building, as Blanchard Hall was known then. He operated a bicycle shop on the premises, which was advertised in The College Echo, the yearbook. While his family lived there, his wife (Amy?), assisted by a female physician (possibly Frances Carothers Blanchard), gave birth to a baby girl named Hazel.
Comments