From the west wing of Blanchard Hall one can see Westgate. Purchased in 1936 from the Oury family as a residence for Wheaton's president. It was first occupied by President and Mrs. Buswell. It was the home to three of Wheaton's presidents (Buswell, Edman and Armerding) and their families. In 1980, Dr. Hudson T. Armerding gave the keys to Westgate to the Wheaton College Alumni Association. Presently, it serves as the home to the Alumni Association and the Alumni Relations office.