Constructed in 1924 with the combined funds ($50,000 each) of Wheaton College and College Church of Christ, the "new" chapel served both groups until 1935. Because of the growing student body, the balconies were added in 1936. The cost for these were underwritten by Dr. Willis F. Pierce who donated the money in memory of his wife, Orlinda Childs Pierce. From February 8 to 10, 1950 this building was the scene of a spontaneous revival, which started one evening during Evangelistic Services and highlighted in newspapers and magazines nationwide. Today the building serves as an integral part of Wheaton's Conservatory programs.