Nicholas Library

As the student body grew under the administrations of J. Oliver Buswell and V. Raymond Edman, the two existing libraries in Blanchard Hall (Fischer and Frost, located on two different floors) were being taxed. Built in 1950-1951, the library opened January 1952. Though the money for this building was donated anonymously by Robert E. Nicholas, trustee and owner of a hardware store in Oak Park, Illinois, the library was later named in his honor. Mr. Nicholas also served as a trustee for Moody Bible Institute.
Comments